If you have questions or issues about your retirement Social Security benefits, or you need to schedule an appointment, then call the Charleston Social Security Office listed below. The South Carolina SSA handles several federal programs such as retirement, SSI, Medicare and disability benefits.
The Office Is Located Near The Intersection Of Hwy61 And Paul Cantrell Blvd.take The Ashley River Road Exit 11a Off Of I-526.at The 1st Light Turn Left Onto Tobias Gadson Blvd. The Office Is The Second Building On The Left. We Can Handle Many Of Your Needs Online At Www.ssa.gov/ Onlineservices Or By Calling 1-800-772-1213 To Use Our Automated Services.
Social Security Office Location:
1463 Tobias Gadson Blv
Social Security Administration (SSA) Services In Charleston, South Carolina
The services available at your local field office are fairly standard. You can perform simple services like requesting a replacement Social Security card or more complex things like applying for Social Security Disability benefits. Here are some of the services available at your local Charleston, South Carolina office:
- Request a new or replacement Social Security card
- Request changes to your Social Security card
- Review your Social Security statement or earnings history
- Estimate your retirement benefits
- Get a copy of your proof of benefits
- Apply for Social Security retirement benefits
- Apply for benefits for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Apply for Social Security spousal or survivor benefits
- Apply for Medicare or get a replacement Medicare card
- Set up direct deposit for your Social Security benefits